Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Characters in Romeo and Juliet

In Romeo and Juliet, based on Act One, I can easily tell what type of person the Nurse is. She is a lot like a mother to Juliet than Lady Capulet, because Juliet seems more fond of the Nurse than her own mother. Although the Nurse takes good care of Juliet and even nursed her since she was a baby, she doesn't really act like a nurse should in a high classed family like the Capulets. I expected the Nurse to be a round figured, old aged woman wearing dirty clothes like most caretakers, maids, or servants would look like in the old days. However the Nurse turned out to be quite the opposite. Instead she's very talkative, ignorant and doesn't show that much respect for the people there, like Lady Capulet. I don't think I would particulary want to meet the Nurse, because she just seems so obnoxiously loud.
I don't really know anyone in particular like the Nurse, but I'm sure there are a lot of nurses and caretakers today that are like the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet. They would all be loud and wouldn't really show much respect.

No comments: